Please celebrate with us as we thank you and show appreciation for your part in this milestone of caring service to cancer patients and their families.
You’ve played, and continue to play, a greater role than you can imagine.
From small beginnings in 1931, it’s friends like you who have ensured that the organisation has had the means to grow and evolve throughout the years to what it is today. Thank you for the privilege of your partnership and for the services we’re able to continue to offer.
Those people who believe in the significance of numbers say that 90 stands for humanitarianism, compassion and philanthropy, as well as wholeness and inclusiveness.
Even without believing that numbers have a significance, the quoted ethos around the number 90 is right on target as you’ll see below in the many ways in which your donations help.
· Cancer Screening – to enable early detection and treatment.
· Care Homes – for patients receiving treatment. Offering accommodation, meals and transport.
· TLC Lodges – for children and families affected by cancer.
· Stoma Clinics – supporting patients with products, emotional support and advice.
· Facebook Support Groups – for patients and their caregivers.
· CANSA Help Desk – for contact by email, phone calls and WhatsApp in English, Afrikaans, isiXhosa, isiZulu, SeSotho and siSwati.
· iSurvivor Programme – recently enhanced with a specific programme for metastatic breast cancer patients.
· Printed material – to help patients, loved ones, and caregivers.
· Online Lifestyle Risk Assessment Tool and Online Webinars.
· CANSA Tele Counselling Service – free cancer-specific counselling in seven languages.
· Food packs and care packs for patients in need.
· COVID related information and material.
· Cancer awareness, research and advocacy.
· CANSA website for information and contact.
Please make a point of frequently visiting our website for updates during this milestone year – it’s your milestone year too! If you’d like to support our work, you can do so by clicking here.